The Casale dell’Acquabona is situated in the heart of the Marches, the so-called blue and green region. As a matter of fact, from here you can rapidly reach both the Adriatic Sea and the Appenine Mountains. You can discover our region from multiple perspectives: in the Marches there are, for example, almost 100 little ornate theatres, numerous architectural monuments, century-old cathedrals and churches, sanctuaries, abbeys, museums and Roman ruins, large vineyards and -why not?- many factory outlets where you can buy clothes, shoes and bags designed by some of the best Italian fashion houses.
A few kilometres drive from our farmhouse you can visit:
- the Riviera del Conero with its wild promontory facing the sea
- Recanati, where the famous poet Giacomo Leopardi was born
- Loreto with the Holy House Sanctuary dominating the landscape for miles around, visited by thousands of pilgrims every year
- Montelupone and Treia, two of the numerous Marches villages awarded with the Orange Flag (an Italian Touring Club mark of quality awarded to small inland villages)
- Macerata with its summer open-air opera festival at the Sferisterio, the Neoclassic amphitheatre built in the early XIX century
- Ancona, the region’s capital with its port and elegant architecture
- Cingoli, known as the Marches balcony because of its elevated position and marvellous views
- Elcito, the very old and small mountain village chosen by Dalai Lama for his spiritual retreat
- the Monti Sibillini National Park
- Osimo and Camerano with their mysterious underground towns
- Pioraco, renowned for its paper manufacturing
- the Frasassi natural caves, considered the most beautiful in Europe
- many other picturesque medieval villages, where you can discover unexpected art treasures.
And last but not least, in Cingoli you can spend a pleasant day in the Verde Azzurro waterpark or in the Parco Avventura, an adventure park with climbing walls, zipwires and other challenges for all ages.